Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cards for me and Elijah

Ruth (6 1/2) has really taken to crafting.  I am in the process of sanding down a thrift store find (a $15 desk) so I can paint it and fill it with craft supplies just for her.  She'll have her own dedicated space to make cards.  I forgot to take a before picture of the desk.  I planned to get it finished before she wanted to make valentines, but Little League has begun so that didn't happen.  Painting a desk moved down my list of priorities.  Plus, I wanted to make valentines for my kids and hubby (post to come soon).



Because Elijah and I have January birthdays, Ruth made a couple of cards that were for both of us.  Each of these has a picture she drew and colored all on her own.  She followed directions in an animal drawing book to make both the guinea pig and the rabbit.  Notice the use of decorative scissors and also the right side fold?

No comments:

Post a Comment