Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cards for Pete's Birthday


On October 20th my hubby turned 38.  Sadly, this marked the end of a year of him quoting Monty Python.  We all made cards for him.  I included photos of the sentiments the kids wrote because I love seeing the phonetic spellings.  Pete, being terrible at spelling, enjoyed reading the cards immensely.



Elijah was inspired to make a card by cutting paper because he thought about how much Pete enjoys this animation of Star Wars.  The song is also pleasant to listen to, too.  I really like the thought Elijah put into the card, but the sentiment sounds like he's a teenager.




Luke used a pre-stamped image that I made for Ruth.  She has a stash of stamped card stock that she can cut and use whenever she desires to make a card.  Wrestle = resl.


Ruth likes adding ribbon and tags to her cards.  I can't imagine where she gets the inspiration for embellishing!  God blessed me with a crafty daughter, for which I am very thankful.  She told us that she added the tag because she wrote too many xoxox's and ran out of room to sign her name.  The image was stamped using Bake Me a Cake by Lawn Fawn.


When you read the left side and then the right side, this is what Ruth's message says: "I love you so much.  I like when you hug me and kiss me and ask silly questions."



I didn't know how I was going to help John make a card and get dinner made on Pete's birthday.  While I was in the kitchen I could hear Ruth saying, "What do you want to say to dad?  I love you?  Do you want to sign it xoxox?"  At that moment I knew she was helping John to make a card.  She drew light sabers because that's what John wanted.  They both decorated the card with lots of stickers.


My card to Pete included some sewing, some eyelets, and has a book mark that he can remove and use.  The image is from a sheet of paper I bought at Stamp Fever.



No comments:

Post a Comment