Monday, January 24, 2011

Birthday Card for Elijah

I can't believe I haven't blogged since November.  My New Year's resolution should be to be more consistent - go for more quantity.  The problem is I have so many craft ideas and I start things but schooling the kids gets in the way of finishing what I start.  I made some jewelry over Christmas that I have yet to share.

 My oldest son turned 10 last Tuesday (Jan. 18).  I crafted with Ruth the Saturday before and managed to make him a card.  He loves catching crabs at the beach, so I used a crab stamp I found on the dollar aisle at Jo-Ann.  I also used a CD envelope and primary colors.  There's a little bit of glitter to act as sand and I used the masking technique to get my lid stamped on the jar.

It felt good to start AND finish a card in one craft session.  Ruth and I also stamped, colored and water-colored images to make other cards, but that is for a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment